Pages

Monday 5 March 2018

Patient Of The Love Of Mustafa ﷺ


Sayyiduna Imam ‘Abdur Rahman Jalal Uddin Suyuti ash-Shafi’I narrated in ‘Tarikh-ul-Khulafa’, ‘In the period of the illness of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ, people came to visit him and said, ‘O successor of the Holy Prophet صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم! Give us permission to bring a doctor for you.’ He رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ replied, ‘The doctor has already seen me.’ They asked, ‘What did he say?’ He رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ replied, ‘He said ‘اِننِّیْ فَعَّالٌ لِمَااُرِیْد’ ‘I do whatever I want.’
(Tarikh-ul-Khulafa, p. 62)

The meaning of this is that Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ is the All-Wise. No-one can evade His decision and whatever He wills will certainly happen. This was the faith and trust of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ in Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ and this was his contentment on the will of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ.
(Sawani7 Karbala, p. 48)

Main mariz-e-MuLafa hun mujhay chayro na abibaun
Meri zindagi jo chaho mujhay lay chalo Madinah

I am a patient of Mustafa – leave me alone O doctors
If you wish for me to live – then take me to Madinah

No comments:

Post a Comment