Pages

Monday 5 March 2018

Grief Of Siddiq Al-Akbar For The Holy Prophet ﷺ


The Shining Star of the Court of the Holy Prophet صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم the Support for the Broken-hearted, Sayyiduna Abu Bakr رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ said the following verses on the apparent passing of the Holy Prophet, out of intense grief:

لَمَّا    رَاَیْتُ      نَبِیَّنَا    مُتَجَدَّلًا                          ضَاقَتْ  عَلَیَّ  بِعَرْضِھِنَّ الدُّوْر
فَارْتَاعَ   قَلْبِیْ  عِنْدَ  ذَاکَ لِھُلْکِہِ                         وَالْعَمُ   مِنِّی   مَاحَیِیْتُ   کَسِیْر
یَالَیْتَنِیْ مِنْ قَبْلِ مَھْلَکِ صَاحِبِی                          غَیَّبْتُ فِیْ جَدْثِِعَلَی صَخُوْر 

Translation

When I saw my Prophet having apparently passed away the
Houses seemed constricted to me despite their vastness
Now, due to the passing of the Prophet, my heart is shattered
And my bone will remain broken forever
If only I could have been buried in my grave before the apparent
Passing of my Master!

(Al-Mawahibu-li-dunyah-lil-Qasalani, Vol. 3, p. 394)


No comments:

Post a Comment