Pages

Monday 5 March 2018

Vision Of The Holy Prophet ﷺ In Dream


‘Allamah Imam ‘Abdur Rahman Jami قُدِّسَ سِرُّہُ السَّامِی has narrated a faith-refreshing dream from the last days of the blessed life of the First Caliph, Sayyiduna Siddiq Al-Akbar رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ in his famous book ‘Shawahid-un-Nubuwwah.’ A portion of that narration is presented as follows, ‘Sayyiduna Abu Bakr رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ has said, ‘Once, during the final part of the night, I was blessed with the vision of Rasulullah صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم. The Blessed Prophet صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم wore two white pieces of cloth and I was joining both of their edges. Suddenly, both pieces of cloth became green and began to glisten. Their sparkle and splendor was dazzling to the eyes. The Prophet of Allah صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم greeted me by saying ‘اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَیْکُم’, shook my hand and greeted me and kept his hand on my pain-filled chest, due to which the intense grief of my heart was removed.

He صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم then said, ‘O Abu Bakr رَضِیَ اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَنْہُ I have a great desire to meet you, has the time not yet come for you to come to me?’ I wept intensely in my dream to such an extent that even my family members came to know about it and they told me about my weeping in that dream after I had woken up.’
(Shawahid-un-Nubuwwah-li-Jami, p. 199)

No comments:

Post a Comment