Pages

Saturday 3 March 2018

Intentions For Reading The Booklet

Saying of the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم:
نِیَّۃُ الْمُئْومِنِ خَیْرٌمِّنْ عَمَلِہِ
‘A Muslim’s intention values more than his deed.’ 
(Mu’jam Kabir, Vol. 6, p. 185, Hadis 5942)

Madani Pearls Of Wisdom:
  • Without a good intention, no reward is granted for a righteous deed.
  • The more righteous intentions, the greater the reward.
Make The Following Intentions:
  • Every time (whenever I read this book) I will start with Hamd, Salawat, Ta’awwuz and Tasmiyyah (upon reading the two lines of Arabic given at the top of this page you will be acting on all these four intentions).
  • For the pleasure of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ, I will read this book from the beginning to the end.
  • To the best of my ability, I will try to read it whilst in the state of Wudu and facing the Qiblah.
  • I will behold the Quranic verses;
  • And the blessed Ahadis out of respect.
  • Whenever I will read the exalted name of Allah عَزَّوَجَلَّ, I will say: عَزَّوَجَلَّ
  • And whenever I will read the blessed name of the Beloved Prophet صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم I will invoke: صَلَّی اللہُ تَعَالٰی عَلَیْہِ وَاٰلِہِ وَسَلَّم
  • I will narrate the marvels of the Great Imam and saints of Islam to other people and thereby earn the blessings of mentioning these pious people because it is stated in a narration ‘عِنْدَذِکْرِالصَّالِحِیْنَ تَنَزَّلُ الرَّحْمَۃُ’ ‘Mercy descends when the righteous Muslims are mentioned.’ (Mu’jam Awsa, Vol. 7, p. 335, Hadis 10750)
  • (On my personal copy) I will underline to highlight important things, as needed.
  • I will persuade others to read this booklet.
  • With the intention of acting upon the Hadis تَھَادَوْا تَحَابُّوْا Give gifts to each other, it will enrich affection amongst you,’ (Muwa a Imam Malik, Vol. 2, p. 407, Hadis 1731) I shall buy this booklet (at least 10 in relation to 10th of Muharram or as many as I can afford) and will gift it to others.
  • I will do I Isal-e-Sawab of reading this booklet to the entire Ummat.
  • If I spot any Shar’i mistake, I will inform the publisher in writing (verbal intimation is usually ineffective).
  • I will deliver Dars from this booklet on related occasions.
  • I will read the entire booklet every year in the month of Muharram.
  • In case I could not understand something, I will refer to scholars thereby acting upon the Quranic verse:
فَسْـَٔلُوٓا۟ أَهْلَ ٱلذِّكْرِ إِن كُنتُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ ﴿٤٣﴾
So, O people, ask the people of knowledge if you do not know
[Kanz-ul-Iman (Translation of Quran)] (Part 16, Surah An-Na7l, Verse 43)

  • In case some passage is found difficult to comprehend, I will read it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment